Janine De Saxe is a highly experienced family lawyer, having practised in all aspects of Family Law for over 30 years. She believes that being receptive to her client’s needs, being empathetic and efficient, as well as having extensive legal knowledge, are the key reasons that she has built up a successful following, with most of her clients referred by word of mouth from former clients or other lawyers. Janine has acted for two generations of some families as well as siblings, cousins and friends. Janine understands the benefits of speaking in plain English rather than legalese and has a multicultural and diverse client base, servicing clients from all over Sydney and in particular on the North Shore, eastern suburbs and northern beaches.
Janine was admitted as a solicitor in 1987. She has a general practice background, and specialised in Family Law from early in her career. She became an accredited Family Law specialist in 1994 when the Law Society’s accreditation scheme commenced. In 2007 Janine undertook the Collaborative Law training, and in 2012 she became an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
Janine places great importance on keeping families out of court. She is a skilled negotiator and has attended innumerable mediations and settlement conferences. For those matters which have to be litigated, Janine is well-versed in the court process, is well-regarded by judges and is adept at formulating a strategy that will achieve the best possible outcome for her clients.
When not behind her desk, Janine likes nothing better than spending time with her family and her cat, or pitching a tent near a beach or in the bush and going hiking.
Janine De Saxe’s Qualifications:
- Accredited Specialist Family Law 1994
- Vocational Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution 2012
- Collaboratively trained lawyer 2007
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of NSW 1987
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia 1987
- Master of Laws, University of New South Wales 1994
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales 1986
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New South Wales 1984
Janine De Saxe’s Memberships
- North Shore Family Lawyer’s Practice Group – founder and convener from 2004-2012
- Northern Suburbs and Beaches Family Lawyer’s Practice Group – co-founder and convener 2019 to present
- Member, Collaborative Professionals (NSW)
- Member, Collaborative Professionals, Northern Beaches https://www.collaborativeprofessionalsnorthernbeaches.com.au/
- Member, Collaborative Professionals, North Sydney
- Member, Family Law Section, Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section member
- Panel member , Professional Conduct Advisory Panel, Law Society of NSW