Margie is experienced in all areas of family law including parenting, property settlements, Hague Convention matters, relocation and recovery applications, same-sex and defacto matters. Her clients find her empathetic and sensitive to their individual needs whilst being straight shooting and down to earth. Margie is acutely aware of the stress caused by separation and divorce and she is particularly knowledgeable about the damaging results of family conflict both on parents and children. Her emphasis is first and foremost on the best interests of children and as a parent of three sons, Margie understands how important it is for children that their parents work together as well as they can to maintain respectful communications with each other even through very difficult times.
Margie has a Master of Laws in dispute resolution and is a trained Collaborative Lawyer and Mediator. Whilst her preferred method of resolving disputes is outside of the courtroom, if necessary Margie is comfortable and confident to ably represent clients in court.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Margie practised as a Social Worker across a broad range of settings including medical, children’s services, disability and aged care. This knowledge and experience complement her legal skills to assist clients during times of crisis and stress.
Margie has an interest and skill in Elder Law and she is a trained Elder Mediator. Having worked as an ACAT social worker for 10 years Margie is very knowledgeable about the issues encountered as people grow older and the decisions that often must be made. She will work with a person respectfully to achieve the best outcome through mediated agreements and legal documents.
When she is not at work, Margie can be found exercising with family, her friends and her two dogs and she is passionate about skiing and diving. She grew up in Manly and still lives in the area with her family.
- Master of Laws (Dispute Resolution) (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Juris Doctor (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Legal Practice (University of Technology, Sydney)
- Bachelor of Social Work (University of New South Wales)
- Collaboratively Trained Lawyer
- Admitted to Practice Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted to Practice, High Court of Australia
- Member, Law Society NSW
- Board Member, Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc
- Member, Collaborative Professionals Northern Beaches
- Member, Collaborative Professionals North Sydney
- Member, Elder Mediation Australasian Network
- Member, Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Co-founder and convener, Northern Suburbs and Beaches Family Lawyers Practice Group